quinta-feira, 18 de outubro de 2012

Certas canções que eu amo - "Someone Saved My Life Tonight"


"Someone Saved My Life Tonight"
ELTON JOHN



"Someone Saved My Life Tonight" 

When I think of those East End lights / muggy nights,
The curtains drawn in the little room down stairs.
Prima Donna lord you really should have been there,
Sitting like a princess perched in her electric chair.
And it's one more beer, / and I don't hear you anymore.
We've all gone crazy lately, / my friend's out there 
Rolling, round the basement floor.

(Chorus)
And someone saved my life tonight, / sugar bear.
You almost had your hooks in me / didn't you dear
You nearly had me roped and tied,
Alter-bound, hypnotized, / sweet freedom whispered in my ear
You're a butterfly, / and butterflies are free to fly,
Fly away, high away bye bye.

I never realized the passing hours
Of evening showers, / a slip noose hanging in my darkest dreams.
I'm strangled by your haunted social scene
Just a pawn out-played by a dominating queen.
It's four-o-clock in the morning / dawn it! / listen to me good.
I'm sleeping with myself tonight
Saved in time, thank God my music is still alive.

Chorus
And I would have walked head on / into the deep end of the river,
Clinging to your stocks and bonds / paying your H.P. demands forever.
They're coming in the morning / with a truck to take me home
Someone saved my life tonight > + 4 X
So save your strength
And run the field you play alone.

Final Chorus
Someone saved my life tonight > + 4 X


http://www.vagalume.com.br/elton-john/someone-saved-my-life-tonight-traducao.html#ixzz29gHi012O

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário